Academic Year 2018/2019 - ResultsAdmission to LiSP Doctoral Program 2018/2019 - Results [Portuguese version]
Click here for a list of possible advisors.
Choose your advisor
You need at least one advisor or co-advisor from this list to apply to the doctoral program.
If your advisor or co-advisor is not on the list but is a part of one of the LiSP instutions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the suitability of your advisor.
Most emails can be found when clicking on an advisor name in the link of the previous step.
Contact your chosen advisor by email to develop a project.
Submit your application in the university or instution of your preference (either ISCTE-UL, FP-UL, ICS-UL, or ISPA).
Submit your application to your institution
The status and deadlines of applications can be found on the section above.
To complete your application you will need to use and read very carefully the following documents:
- The call for applications (click here for the Portuguese version);
- The template you must use to describe your PhD project;
- The guidelines on how to complete the PhD project template;
- The list of partner universities and of the academic staff.
Candidates should have:
The selection and evaluation of candidates will be conducted by a jury consisting of the Scientific Commission of LiSP. This committee will assess the merit of the applications and produce an ordered list of candidates.The selection of candidates will occur in two phases:
- evaluation of the eligibility of candidates;
- evaluation of the applicants’ documents on a scale from 1 to 5;
Exclusion of incomplete or inadequate applications. Applications that do not meet the admission criteria will be excluded (see points 1, 6, 7, 8, and 9 of article 3 of this year's Call).
- Merit of the candidate (40%): This assessment will be made by the Scientific Commission of LiSP taking into account the candidate’s previous training (degree, area, marks) and the quality of the CV with respect to the research area (previous research experience, publications, scientific communications). The evaluation will be given o n a 1 to 5 scale.
- Quality of the research project (40%): This evaluation will result from the evaluation report from the internal leading re viewer and the report from the Scientific Commission of LiSP, both based on the feedback from two independent reviewers. The assessment of the research project’s quality evaluates the scientific and innovative merits of the project for the advancement of the international state of the art, the feasibility of the work plan, and the fit of the project with LiSP Doctoral Program’s goals. The evaluation will be given on a 1 to 5 scale.
- Fit of the project to Social Psychology as a field of research (20%): A ccording to the guidelines presented in Appendix - please see article point 5 of article 3 of the current Call). The evaluation will be given on a 1 to 5 scale
- The final ranking of the candidates will be available after the assessment of the three criteria mentioned above. Candidates with a score equal to or above 2,5 will be considered for the LiSP PhD Program.
Members of the Scientific Commission of LiSP who are identified as potential supervisors of applicants will not be involved in the evaluation of these candidates.